Thursday, January 5, 2012

Valentines Wreath


I'm already decorating for Valentine's Day. I saw this idea at The Idea Room and wanted to give it a try. I couldn't find a heart wreath anywhere so I just made a circle wreath instead.



Supplies Needed:

Foam wreath
Felt (off the bolt) I got 1 yard with a little left over
Matching Ribbon
Straight Pins
Cup
Hot Glue Gun (optional)
Scissors
Fabric Marker (a pen might work)


First, wrap your ribbon around your foam wreath. Hot glue the end so it stays in place. Then wrap and glue the other end. (If you don't want to glue it, you can just pin it into the foam.)


I was about a foot short on ribbon and didn't want to go back to the store, so I just left it. The gap will be covered anyway. You don't have to wrap the wreath if you choose, I decided to wrap it so the back would look nicer, but it's not too important.



Then use your cup to trace circles onto your felt. You'll need a lot of circles. I just did a row at a time, but I didn't count how many I ended up cutting.




Then take a circle, fold it in half, then in half again.



Put a pin in close to the tip, then stick it into the foam wreath.



Put the circles as close together as you'd like.


This is what the back looks like.


Then cut a ribbon, and pin it into the back.


And you're done! This project took about 2 hours and I did it all in one night. Pretty simple.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I love it! I've used a similar technique to make little hair bows, this is a super cute wreath! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute! It looks really fancy.

    ReplyDelete