Thursday, October 11, 2012

Halloween Ghost

It has been quite awhile since I've posted any new projects. It's been a very busy couple months.
We bought our first home and have been moving and getting settled. Also, I had my tonsils taken out, which if you know, is NOT fun when you're an adult. Hopefully I'll have more projects to post soon.
 
Here is a simple Halloween project I made with my kids.
 
 
 
Supplies needed:
 
Cheesecloth
Foam Ball
Empty Soda Bottle
Wire
Stiffening Spray (or starch and water)
Old Towel
Scissors
Felt
Glue/ glue gun
 
 
Lay down your old towel to protect your work surface.
Put the foam ball on top of the soda bottle. Just smash it on there so it stays.
 
Then wrap the wire around the top of the bottle and create the shape of the arms.
 
 
Cut the cheese cloth and lay it over the top. Adjust it to the shape you want your ghost.
 
If you use a green foam ball, it's a good idea to cover it in seran wrap. That way you won't have a green ghost.
 
 
Now spray the cheese cloth with stiffening spray or starch and water. I used the stiffening spray because I already had it at home.
 
Let it completely dry. I used my blow dryer on this one and it lost it's shape a bit from the wind. I made another one and let it dry on it's own and the shape was a lot better.
 
Once dry, pull it off the form.
 
 
Then use some black felt and cut out a face, glue it on.
 
 
I guess many people made these as a kid, but I never did. It was a fun, simple project.
 
Happy Crafting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment