Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chocolate Glop

I remember making this recipe with my siblings when I was a kid. I was trying to think of something simple that my kids would enjoy as well. I remembered this and tracked down the recipe. (Thanks to my sister Lisa for finding the recipe for me!)
Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine
3 Tbsp Cocoa
Combine in pan, bring to boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and let cool.
Then add:
3 Cups Oatmeal
1 tsp. Vanilla
Peanut Butter (to taste)
(I used 3 large spoonfulls of peanut butter.)
Mix together then drop onto wax paper.
Then they just need to set. I like putting mine in the freezer and eating them frozen. Yum!
I know these don't look too apetizing, but they are delicious!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome, I was just recently wanting to look for this recipe again too. It has been years since I've had this yummy treat. Thanks for sharing. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete