Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Easter Wreath

I love making festive wreaths to decorate my front door. That's about the only decorating I do but it's still fun! If you want to make this fun Easter Wreath here is what you'll need:
Cardboard
Scissors
Medium plastic eggs (about 45-50)
Easter Grass
Hot Glue Gun
Pencil
Ribbon or Bow

Use some cardboard to cut the shape of the wreath. I just used an old box I had on hand so I cut 2 pieces to make it more sturdy. Then glued them together.

Then start glueing the eggs in place. The outter row should have the fat side of the egg facing toward the center of the circle. Put a ball of glue on the egg to glue it to the cardboard, then a ball of glue wherever the egg touches another egg.

Then do the inner row of eggs. You can do both rows at the same time if you want. The inner row of eggs should point to the center of the circle. Again, glue each egg where it touches another egg.

Once the two rows of eggs are in place, randomly place the left over eggs on top to cover the empty gaps. (I bought a bag of 42 easter eggs thinking that was enough but it turns out I needed more. I went back and bought another pack of 10 and that was perfect. It also depends on how big you cut your cardboard.)

Then put your easter grass in place. Just put a little glue in the hole you want to cover up, and use a pencil to glue it in place.

Next you'll want to trim any grass on the inside and outside of the wreath.

I added a few more eggs after this picture so I had a place to secure my bow. So if you leave it open, it's fine because your bow will cover it.

Then make your bow and glue it in place. I would suggest to have your bow the same color as your grass just so it matches.


Then find a way to hang it. I just glued a piece of ribbon onto the back. Looks real professional huh? ;)


And that's it! You have a pretty simple Easter wreath to display!

Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment