Sunday, February 26, 2012

Granola

My Mother in law found this recipe and it turned out great so I thought I'd try it myself. This is Alton Brown's Granola recipe from the Food Network.

Ingredients:

3 Cups Rolled Oats
1 Cup Slivered Almonds
1 Cup Cashews
3/4 Cup Shredded Sweet Coconut
1/4 Cup plus 2 tablespoons Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup plus 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Raisins

I did a few things differently, I used regular brown sugar instead of dark, and I doubled my recipe. Also, when I make it again, I think I'm going to leave out the cashews.


Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut and brown sugar.

In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour into 2 cookies sheets. Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes. ( I ended up cooking mine for 1.5 hours.) Stir every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.

Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins and mix.


I really love this granola and will definitely be making more!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy. My family doesn't like raisins so I'd have to leave those out but I would love to give this one a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete