Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bow Board


We love our hair bows at my house. With 2 little girls, we can never have too many. My other bow board is overflowing so I decided it was time for another. ( I know, two boards is a little much).

Supplies Needed:

Board ( I used an old cork board)
Paint and brush
Fabric
Ribbon
Scissors
Glue Gun


First, paint the board and let it dry. (Depending on what kind of board you have.) It's okay to get it on the cork because it will be covered up with fabric.


Then cut your fabric a little larger than the space you want to cover. That way you can fold over the unfinished edge.

Get some ribbon and cut it into strips. I laid it out so I could see how I wanted it. Also, if the ribbon is a little wider, it holds the bows easier.


Then, fold the corners of the fabric under so it's a nice clean corner. Then glue it down. Glue all 4 corners but leave the side free for now.


Then glue all the ribbon ends under the fabric in the pattern you like.

I think a criss-cross pattern works the best. There is more space to hang bows.


Then go back and glue the fabric down around all the edges.


Make sure to glue each intersection of the ribbon. Glue it down to the fabric and also to the other ribbon. This will provide support for your bows so they don't flop around.


You can hang your board however it works best for you. I just glued some ribbon to the back of each side.


And you have a fun bow board! It doesn't have to be perfect because all those pretty bows will cover most of your board. Hopefully you don't have an obsession with hair bows like me and you'll only have to make one of these. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment