Thursday, December 15, 2011

Necklace Hangers


My long necklaces just lay in a pile and get all tangled. I needed a way to hang them but I couldn't find anything that I liked that had small enough hooks. So...I made my own.



Items Needed:

Scrapbook paper
Wooden Blocks
Mod Podge & Brush
Hooks
Paint
Ribbon (not pictured)
Hot Glue Gun (not pictured)


First: Paint your block and let them dry. Then cut your scrapbook paper to the size of the block.


The screw your hooks in where you want them. I actually just screwed these in with my hands. I didn't paint my whole block because that's the paper is going to cover it.


Mod Podge your paper to your block. Then put a coat of Mod Podge over the paper to give it a glossy look.

Let it dry.


Glue some matching ribbon to the sides so it can hang from a nail on the wall.



Then hang your necklaces! I had everything on hand and it only took me about 15 minutes (plus drying time.) This is a super easy project and can be finish in a short amount of time.

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love these. My girls both need one of these! Awesome idea! I need to make more home decor items! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm making these with my Activity Day girls on Thursday, and we're going to mod-podge a "Choose the Right" design on the blocks (for the primary theme). This is such a cute idea - I can't wait for the girls to make it! Great idea Jill!

    ReplyDelete