Thursday, December 15, 2011

Crib Teething Rail

My baby is teething and her crib is getting teeth marks in it. I hate to see her destoy the paint and I hate to see her eating the paint and wood chips. I went out looking for a teething rail to buy, and I saw one I liked and decided I could make it for a fraction of the price.

You will need:

- 2 yards of fabric ( you will have left overs)
- Quilt Batting
- Ribbon
- Scissors
- Sewing machine


First cut your fabric to the length of the crib leaving about 2 inches for a seam allowance. Put the wrong sides of the fabric together with the batting on top. Sew all 3 layers together on the long edge that is open. Then sew one side closed just like you did with the longer side.




Then turn everything right side out.


Sew the last side closed with the right side out.



Then sew some ribbons on to secure it to the crib. I did 4 sets. One on each end and 2 in the middle.




And you're done! The crib is now protected with a little softness for baby.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could sew worth a pinch. This is ADORABLE!!! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete