Saturday, December 17, 2011

Holiday Ribbon Wreath


This wreath is really fun to make. It takes a little bit more time depending on how much ribbon you want and how big your wreath is. The Christmas wreath pictured above is on a large foam wreath but I made a Halloween one with the woven wreath shown below. I would suggest the smaller one. It doesn't take quite as much time and it still looks cute!



You'll need:

Wreath to cover
Large ribbon to wrap wreath
Ribbon of your choice
Hot glue gun
Scissors
Sewing machine if you have one.

First, use your larger ribbon to cover the wreath. It makes it easier to glue the colored ribbon on if it has a solid place to glue. Just hot glue one end, wrap all the way then glue the last end.

This is what it should look like all wrapped.

Then cut 3-4 inch strips of each kind of ribbon.( You'll need a lot so just keep cutting.)


Then fold each strip in half and sew. I made a long train of ribbons then just went back and cut them apart. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can also just use hot glue, although I think sewing is much faster.

I didn't take a picture of this next step but just use your glue gun to glue each loop of ribbon onto the wrapped wreath. It will take some time but just place them randomly.

Then cut a longer piece of ribbon to hang the wreath from. Just wrap it around your wreath (I glued mine in place) and tie a knot or bow at the top.


Here is the finished project. I love how random the ribbon is and how full my wreath looks.

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful and I just love that you added blue into the Christmas one it really adds that extra pop of color! Awesome idea! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete