Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Blocks


These are a fun way to decorate your house for each holiday. But it doesn't even have to be for a holiday, I also made "SNOW" blocks also, so when Christmas is over, I'll still have something fun out.

Supplies needed:

Wooden Blocks
Printed paper
Pencil
Scissors
Paint & brushes
Mod Podge
Vinyl
Any accessories to dress up your blocks.
( I used ribbon to make a bow and buttons.)
Hot Glue



To save some money, I went went to the hardware store and bought some lumber. My dad cut and sanded it for me with his fancy tools which saved me TONS of time. (Thanks dad!) I also picked up some fun paper at the craft store.


Before I painted the blocks, I traced them on the paper so I would know what size to cut them out. Then cut the paper out.


Paint your blocks a color to match your paper.


Once the paint is dry, glue the paper onto the blocks with Mod Podge. Then cut out your vinyl letters and place them on each block.

*If you don't have a vinyl cutter, you can just print the letters right onto the scrapbook paper and it still turns out really cute! *



Once the vinyl is on, cover the paper and vinyl with Mod Podge. This gives it a finished look and seals it well.


Once the Mod Podge is dry, use any thing to dress up your block, or you can even leave them plain. They are still cute!


And you're done. How simple was that? I'm planning to make a set for each holiday.

1 comment:

  1. I've wanted to make some of these for a long time, I just need to do it. I love the patterned papers you choose for yours. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete