Thursday, December 15, 2011

Children's Bibs



We are constantly using bibs at our house but I've noticed that the bibs I buy at the store are never long enough and never cover my kid's clothes very well. So here is an alternative. These bibs are VERY easy and only take about 10-20 minutes to make. First I bought some dish towels at the store while they were on sale.


Cut the towel right down the middle.


Then finish the edge that was cut. I surged mine but you can do a double fold and then sew.


Next, just hem the side you just finished off.



Then, I cut a small line (about 1-2 inches) on the top center of the towel. Then I cut a hole that will end up going around the neck. Make sure it's large enough to wrap around your child's neck comfortably.



I surged the neck whole and then sewed some bias tape around. (I found it at walmart, but you can get it at any craft store.) Then I just sewed a little bit of velcro on the top to hold it together. ( You can also use snaps). Since you cut your towel in half, you can make another bib out of the other side of the towel. Two bibs out of one towel!


And here's the finished bib. It's big enough to cover her shirt completely yet still so girly!






No comments:

Post a Comment